Friday 21 October 2011

Loom Number 1

LISSERÉ/ GAUFFRÉ

LINGE DE MAISON- NAPPE

CHAINE- COTON








I had so much fun with this warp and am actually quite impressed at my credible tea towel samples. Ok so I know linen tea towels with heart motifs may sound like some awful swiss log cabin nightmare but it was actually really interesting making something for a specific use. The Gauffrés created a really pleasing flecked colour when I changed my yarn each pick. I did a sneaky small sample of them on a larger scale which I knew the teacher would not approve of (not practical, threads would catch and come loose etc) but which has given me ideas for developing this weave pattern in future work when I am back at Chelsea and experimentation is applauded not scolded!

Making motifs is also really simple and full of possibility yet it was the first time for me to actually sit down and think about designing something. Definitely another idea for the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment