Sunday 13 November 2011

To Do List

I am a lover of lists. And I find it increasingly easy to use pictures to make more of a visual list as my descriptions of samples can be very confusing and end up getting me in a right pickle. After Friday's Rendez-vous I have a lot to be getting on with and with only a week left in weave I had better work super hard this week.

1. Do a silky, stripy cloth for group 3 in order to have a finer, softer fabric in this group. (Possible colours- grey and light green).



2. Redo hearts without white stripe (or as my teacher calls it- a trou (hole)). Perhaps in group 4 colours or something simpler like a plain grey.



3. Redo my pocket (double cloth) sample in different colours. I have an abundance of light blue and pink pieces so use group 4 colours instead. Collection 4 also lacks a wooly sample.

White yarns- find a yellowey wool
Blue yarns- darker blue

If this doesn't work aesthetically then I should try and dye the sample.



4. Gauffres. Such a pretty sample with the flecked colour but threads can be pulled from the fabric too easily. I must redo the sample with a finer gauffre pattern perhaps in group 4 colours?



5. The colours of this sample are really grotesque. I think I was concentrating on diminishing the dominant stripes far too much and actually all notion of colour went out the window. I should either do this piece again, but instead of green and white, use a grey and burgundy to try and mask out the other colours. Otherwise I could attempt to dye this sample (in a casserole as Clothilde calls it) a grey or navy blue and see what happens.



6. The ground weave is really subtle and such a delicate colour and pattern. I believe it would work well as an all over pattern. To do this I must banish the awful grey and blue stripes of the warp to weave only with the more refined white an green stripes.




And the list goes on....

7. Cut tweed samples off loom.

8. Do a dark blue tweed (group 4).

9. Silky orange sample on cotton/ lycra warm using lycra in weft aswell.

etc etc. Or as they rather aptly say in France "et tout le bazar".

No comments:

Post a Comment