Friday 16 September 2011

Exploring Paris

Yesterday all my lessons were cancelled by an email sent at about midday! No reason, just cancelled. Apparently this sort of thing happens often in France. The teachers generally do as they please so you have to just except the french way, like it or lump it!

It was a beautiful day so my roomate Cecile and I took a bike ride into the Marais to do some window shopping. I actually took a Velib (Paris's equivalent to a Boris Bike) and despite manic traffic, roadworks and an accident on the already treacherous Bastille roundabout I am somehow, unbelievably still alive to tell the tale!

The Marais is such a fabulous area. It's the old Jewish quarter but its characterful little streets are now full of trendy, cosmopolitain boutiques and elegant cafes. As Uni is only a few paces away a few of us decided to take another walk there today and my Japanese friends tracked down the boutique of one of their favourite designers, Tsumori Chisato.




I had never heard of this designer before but the amazingly original fabric skin in the window definitely deserves a mention! As for the clothes....well they were typically Japanese- cute, busy and generally a bit confusing. It most certainly stood out amongst the chic french designer's boutiques. But diversity is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment