Saturday 10 September 2011

ENSCI

I have spent 3 days at college so far and have been a little overwhelmed by the mass of information all in challenging French. The only other exchange student on my course is from Cannes so is also French. The other textile students seem lovely. I think there are 12 of us in total and we are all girls bar one brave garcon! Most have some sort of background be it in fashion, knitting or weaving and they are all pretty eager to get started.

ENSCI is a bit of a bizzare set up really. It is basically a highly regarded Industrial Design University which has taken ANAT (a Textile College) under its wing. I would probably say that ANAT students probably constitute 5% of the overall students at ENSCI. But nonetheless we have had to attend all the highly complex industrial design talks and workshop tours. To start this caused me a lot of confusion, to say I was 'lost in translation would be an understatement!'.

Despite this, when I eventually found the labyrinth of looms and bulging yarn cupboards on the fifth floor I thought all my Christmasses had come at once!


No comments:

Post a Comment