Thursday 22 December 2011

Final days of knitting.

My final few days of knitting were occupied with the following-

-Creating shapes of colour within my knit.
This was quite tricky as if the two yarns used were of different width/elasticity etc it could impact greatly on the shape created. I ended up with white dots like the falling snow within my Munch painting.




-Triangles of colour across the knit. Again it was interesting to experiment with different yarns with different qualities, e.g. a fluffy yarn for contrasting textures.




-More experimenting with 'Jours' (lace holes). Including working with straightforward Jersey and also in Cote. Changing the placement of the created holes was extremely effective in that it caused the ribs to twist and turn (see below).










I feel this technique held a lot of potential for further experimentation and I am particularly fond of its ordered, structured patterns which give strong definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment