Sunday 11 December 2011

Knit update.

I have learnt another technique- vanisage (colour change) grids. These can vary in width, height, sporadically appear etc. It's actually fascinating studying each technique in detail as you suddenly realize how that jumper or that cardigan you've been wearing for months has actually been made. It's a pretty tricky technique to master though as you have to make sure you've picked the right sort of threads or the whole thing will keep falling off.



The organized chaos that is my knit desk-



Back to the painting and I am on a mission to find the perfect shade of red and blue to match the two figures in the foreground. Definitely harder than it seems and without the ability to dye yarn (this is one thing that ENSCI lacks) you have to make do with what's on offer. Basically it takes a lot of experimentation with mixing finer yarns I suppose a bit like mixing paint out of timy amounts of pigment. Oh that reminds me of my dreaded colour work!


No comments:

Post a Comment